Civil Division


The Cascade County Attorney Office, Civil Division is responsible for providing legal advice to the County Commissioner's, all County Departments, and to many sub-jurisdictions (such as school, fire, conservation and weed districts) within Cascade County. 

In that regard, the division does a substantial amount of work on public health, land and zoning issues for both the City-County Health Department and the County Planning Department. Bad Checks and Youth in Need of Care cases are handled by the Criminal Division at 406-454-6915.


The Civil Division consists of two attorneys and a Legal Secretary.


The Cascade County Civil Division deals only with civil matters that involve legal interests of the county government and cannot help people with private civil matters. Therefore, if you are looking for legal advice on private civil matters, please contact Montana Legal Services or a private attorney. Thank you.


Public Information Request (PDF)