Clerk & Recorder's Office

Sandra Merchant 

Clerk and Recorder

The Clerk and Recorder office provides:

  • Birth and Death Certificates 
  • Burn Permits
  • Real Estate records to include property deeds, plats and survey. 
  • Solid Waste permits- see the Live-Work-Play tab for more information. 
  • Recording and filing of original documents. 

Obtaining Birth and Death Certificates - Our office can issue birth and death certificates for the State of Montana. We cannot issue out of state certificates. 

  • IN OFFICE- Certified Birth and Death Certificates can be obtained in our office during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 P.m.  You must have valid identification and fill out an application. The fee for a certified birth certificate is $8, and the fee for a certified death certificate is $7. At this time, we can only accept cash or check for your payment. Birth and Death certificate applications are available below if you would like to fill one out prior to arrival. 
  • BY MAIL - To obtain certified Birth and Death Certificates by mail print the application below and follow the detailed instructions. 

If you have any questions about Birth and Death certificates call (406)454-6718

Solid Waste Credit

If you are turning in your unused punch cards for a solid waste credit on your curbside service, you will need to mail the unused card to:
Republic Services
P.O. Box 2645
Great Falls, MT 59403

DO Not mail your unused coupons with your statement, as those statements now go to Arizona.