Food Safety Classes

  1. Certified Food Protection Manager
  2. Food Handler Courses 

All Retail Food Establishments (RFE) and Wholesale Food Establishments (WFE) must have one manager or supervisor that is a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM).   Certifications must be obtained through an ANSI-CFP accredited course.  Food handler cards or other food safety certifications that do not meet ANSI-CFP Food Protection Manager standards are not acceptable.    Courses and testing can be completed in-person, online, or through a combination of both.   

In-Person Classes

The Cascade County MSU Extension office currently offers in-person ServSafe classes.  For information on upcoming classes and prices, go to the Cascade County MSU Extension website or contact Katrin Finch at (406) 454-6980 or

2024 ServSafe Classes - Current classes being offered by County Extension Office. 

Online Courses

Most training companies now offer both online courses and testing.   This is a convenient option that gives you the ability to take the course of your choosing at any date or time you choose.    

ANSI-CFP Accredited CFPM Programs