City-County Health Department's (CCHD) Tobacco Prevention Program works to:
- Educate on tobacco-health issues associated with use of all forms of commercial tobacco products
- Educate the public on the Montana Clean Indoor Air Act
- Reduce youth initiation to tobacco
- Build community awareness of smoke-free venues
CCHD has assembled two coalitions that meet monthly to initiate plans of action involving issues of tobacco use. If you are interested in joining one of these coalitions, email the Tobacco Use Prevention Specialist.
reACT Youth Coalition
Under the direction of the Montana Tobacco Use Prevention Program - reACT works to address issues of youth and tobacco addiction. The videos below were produced by Great Falls reACT members!
View another youth-led production promoting substance abuse prevention.
Tobacco Prevention Events & Services
Throughout the year, CCHD celebrates Tobacco Days of Action to raise awareness on tobacco related issues:
- February: Through with Chew Week and Wear Red Day
- March: Kick Butts Day
- May: World No Tobacco Day
- October: Red Ribbon Week
- November: Great American Smoke Out
CCHD staff are available to provide customized presentations on a variety of tobacco topics- free of charge! Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Tobacco cessation
- The Clean Indoor Air Act
- Health effects of tobacco use
Contact us at 406-761-9892 to schedule a presentation today.