- Your Government
- Sheriff's Office
- Join the CCSO
Join the CCSO
A Deputy Sheriff serves in a highly responsible and visible capacity in the protection of life and property, preserves the public peace, prevents crimes, arrest violators of the law, enforces all laws and ordinances and performs other related work as required or assigned. Must successfully have completed or be able to complete all components of P.O.S.T. training or equivalency testing.
Special assignment opportunities are available in Detectives, HIDTA, Violent Crimes Task Force, K9, Search and Rescue, and SRO/Street Law along with promotional rank advancements subject to applicable service requirements. Deputies are assigned a take home patrol vehicle after successfully completing their FTO period.
See Job Posting for complete details.
- Obtain a complete physical and psychological examination by a licensed physician prior to employment.
- Provide High School Diploma, GED, or HSE.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess or be eligible for a Montana Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Submit to a criminal history and extensive background investigation.
- Successfully complete an oral interview board.
Base salary is $25.44 - $26.13 per hour depending on experience.
READY TO APPLY
ADULT DETENTION OFFICER
The Adult Detention Officer (Officer) oversees and supervises the care, custody, and control of inmates incarcerated at the Cascade County Regional Detention Center (Center) in accordance with Montana Department of Corrections and Center policies and procedures and as directed and required for public safety. Officers may oversee, escort and supervise inmates in transit between the Center, Courthouse, Prison, medical facilities or other points of destination. Under the direct supervision of the Shift Supervisor or general supervision of the Center Command Staff, Officers are responsible for maintaining a secure detention/correctional facility and the safe care, custody and control of all inmates. Officers perform a variety of technical and administrative tasks associated with Center operations and the care, custody and control of inmates that includes the observation and accompaniment of inmates inside and outside the Center and related inmate record keeping requirements. Officers may be assigned to work various shifts and perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Please note, all portions of the hiring process, up to and including the Application itself, are subject to evaluation and scoring for ranking and selection of potential employees. The successful applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Graduation from High School or High School Equivalency (HSE) or GED and;
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of employment.
- Recruitment and selection processes will involve an oral interview, extensive criminal background check, and physical evaluation.
- Employees must have successfully completed and passed the required tests.
Starting Base Salary is $21.63 per hour.