What other agencies do I need to contact?

It depends on what you are doing, but for the most part it is always good to touch base with the following to ensure that you don’t have any surprises: 

Within the city limits of Great Falls:

  • City of Great Falls, Planning & Community Development Department (Zoning and Building, Plumbing, Mechanical Inspection & Permitting), 406-455-8430, Civic Center, 2 Park Drive South, Room 112, Great Falls, Montana 59403
  • City of Great Falls, Fire Rescue (Safety Inspection Certificates), 406-727-8070, 105 9th St South, Great Falls, Montana 59403

County/Outside the city limits of Great Falls:

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a license?
2. What other agencies do I need to contact?
3. Where do I get a plan review application?
4. Why is plan review required?
5. What does the plan review application require?
6. What are the basic requirements for a commercial kitchen?
7. How much does the plan review cost?
8. Why is the plan review and license fee separate?
9. Are licenses transferable?
10. What do you look at during a preopening inspection?
11. How often are restaurants inspected by the Health Department?
12. Do I need food safety training? Do I need a food handler card?
13. Can I use my 3-compartment sink for handwashing? Do I need a 3-compartment sink if I have a dishwasher?
14. Why is commercial equipment required? Does it need to be NSF?
15. Do I need a grease interceptor?