Do I need a grease interceptor?

Unless your establishment is going to be connected to a septic system, our department does not make this determination.   If you will be operating within the City of Great Falls, the Public Works Environmental Division will determine if you need a grease interceptor or grease trap.  You can contact the Sector Control Compliance Technician at (406) 727-8390.  You can find additional information and resources on their website and in the FOG Manual.   If you will be operating outside of Great Falls, you'll need to contact the wastewater operator for your municipality or public water and sewer district.  

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a license?
2. What other agencies do I need to contact?
3. Where do I get a plan review application?
4. Why is plan review required?
5. What does the plan review application require?
6. What are the basic requirements for a commercial kitchen?
7. How much does the plan review cost?
8. Why is the plan review and license fee separate?
9. Are licenses transferable?
10. What do you look at during a preopening inspection?
11. How often are restaurants inspected by the Health Department?
12. Do I need food safety training? Do I need a food handler card?
13. Can I use my 3-compartment sink for handwashing? Do I need a 3-compartment sink if I have a dishwasher?
14. Why is commercial equipment required? Does it need to be NSF?
15. Do I need a grease interceptor?